Waiting on Wednesday: The Shaw Confessions

9:40:00 AM

“Waiting On” Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.



I'd love to hear what you're waiting on, feel free to let me know in the comments!

The Shaw Confessions by Michelle Hodkin
Release Date: Summer 2017
Synopsis (from EW Article): The series will be told from the point of view of character Noah Shaw, and will explain “what happens after the happily ever after,” according to the publisher. Noah’s father is murdered in the first book of The Shaw Confessions, and while Noah inherits both knowledge and wealth beyond his wildest dreams, he also has a chance to find others like himself. As Noah and Mara begin their search for others, it becomes clear that they have vastly different goals — and Noah must choose between the girl he loves and world peace.

“When I wrote the first words of The Unbecoming of Mara DyerI knew that I was writing an antiheroine’s original story,” says Hodkin in a release. “What I didn’t know was how many readers would ask for the adventures of that antiheroine and her hero: both powerful, both in love, and almost certain to destroy each other. I always wanted to tell the story of the choices the characters would make and the risks they would take after they discovered who and what they really were, and I’m thrilled to finally have that chance. Readers may think they know Noah Shaw, but there’s so much more to tell.”
The Mara Dyer books are arguably my favorite trilogy I've ever read. Michelle Hodkin writes a beautiful, twisted, eerie, and poignant story that deals with mental illness and other heavy themes and she writes about them in a way that normalizes the stigmas that often come along with them. These books touched me, made me cry and laugh, I fell in love with the characters so easily. Noah quickly became my favorite character, so when I found out he was getting his own series, you can imagine how overjoyed I was! I am eagerly awaiting the release of these books, and can't wait to see what is in store for these beloved characters and the new ones we are sure to meet.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *

Popular Posts

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Giselle has read 5 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide