Book Boyfriends #2: Noah Shaw

8:00:00 AM

Every Friday I'll be sharing my favorite boys from books and adding to my list of book boyfriends! This tag was created over at Reading Lark.

Noah Shaw from the Mara Dyer trilogy by Michelle Hodkin


Oh, how this boy makes my heart ache. My favorite fictional boy to ever exist.
Noah is designed to be the pragmatist of the story with the hamartia of falling in love with the villain. The dynamic between Noah and Mara is so electric, it's tangible. Every scene between the two of them makes my heart ache. Noah is, essentially, my dream guy. Witty, smart as a whip, incredibly funny, with a softer side that's incredibly romantic and protective. Not to mention his inherent charm and dashing good looks...
I can't really put into words why I love Noah so much. His wit, hjis charm, his sense of humor, trust me -- the more you read, the more you will love this boy, too. I do remember the scene that made me realize I loved him, though, and it was when he took Mara on their first date and went to that private art gallery. If a boy ever did that for me, I'd say I AM FINISHED YOU CAN HAVE ME FOREVER. Throughout these books, there are little quirks and traits I saw in Noah that made me appreciate and adore his character more and more each time -- like when he ties Mara's shoes that one morning when he picks her up for school, or when he saves Mara from the school bully when she steals Mara's sketchbook. Phrases like "You're my girl" and "love him to ruins" will always hold special meaning in my heart. 


My Noah Shaw Fancast


Okay, I know this is the really obvious choice for Noah, but as soon as Noah was introduced as  character, the clear choice for Noah was Daniel. Especially The Originals Daniel Sharman as Kol, that is how I see Noah!

Some of my favorite quotes from and about Noah Shaw

  • In my rush, I hadn’t tied my shoelaces. Noah was now tying them for me. 
    He looked up at me through his dark fringe of lashes and smiled. The expression on his face melted me completely. I knew I had the goofiest grin plastered on my lips, and didn’t care. 
    “There,” he said as he finished tying the laces on my left shoe. “Now you won’t fall.”
    Too late. -- The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer
  • "Je t'aime. Aujourd'hui. Ce soir. Demain. Pour toujours. Si je vivais mille ans, je t'appartiendrais pour tous. Si je vivais mille vies, je te ferais mienne dans chacune d'elles.
    I love you. Today. Tonight. Tomorrow. Forever. If I were to live a thousand years, I would belong to you for all of them. If I were to live a thousand lives, I would want to make you mine in each one." -- The Retribution of Mara Dyer
  • "I know what I can do to a girl with a word, a look, a touch. And I want to do them all to her." -- The Retribution of Mara Dyer
  • "You should have seen the way he was looking at you while you were out."
    I smiled a little. "How?"
    "Like you're the ocean and he's desperate to drown." -- The Retribution of Mara Dyer

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Noah was the best! Totally would date him!! 😉 Though I have to say I think the main reason The Retribution of Mara Dyer wasn't as good was because there was no romance between Noah and Mara. ;(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I think it actually gave us a breather. I missed Noah a lot, but when we got him back at the end it made his presence THAT much better. ;)

      Delete

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *

Popular Posts

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Giselle has read 5 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide