Halloween Book Tag

10:30:00 AM

My favorite time of year is upon us! The weather here in Florida gets about 5-10 degrees cooler by some miracle, sometimes leaves change colors, people go all-out decorating their houses, and everything about this season fills me with such a sense of nostalgia and wonder. Lighting apple spice and pumpkin pie scented candles and watching some good ol' fashioned slasher flicks like Scream or Halloween really get me in the Halloween spirit.

The other day I posted my Top Ten List of Spooky Books to Read This Fall, which consists of my favorite novels that fall into the horror genre. Continuing in the theme of spooky books this Halloween week, I saw Sasha Alsberg of ABookUtopia doing this tag on her YouTube channel and knew I had to blog it!







  1. Favorite Horror Book?
    The Shining by Stephen King! It was my first ever horror movie, and the movie that sparked my love for the horror genre. Years later, after seeing the movie too many times to count, I read the book for the first time and was subsequently scared out of my pants.
  2. Scariest moment in a book you've read?
    The most recent scene that stands out to me was in The Evolution of Mara Dyer. Without spoiling much, a certain character kidnaps and tortures Mara, and after finishing Evolution I did not want to turn off the lamp and go to sleep that night.
  3. Have you dressed up as a book character for Halloween?
    I've gone as a Hogwarts student (woo Hufflepuff!) before, I've been Lena Duchannes from Beautiful Creatures for Halloween at school, and I don't know if this counts or not but for the movie premiere of Divergent, my friends and I all dressed up as our factions!
  4. What do you think your favorite fictional character would dress up as for Halloween?
    I've got too many fictional characters to just pick one, but for the sake of this question let's choose the Golden Trio. Harry would probably be something super simple because he's always done muggle Halloween. Ron would dress as his favorite quidditch player (totally not Viktor Krum, though, for obvious reasons...), and Hermione would dress as a witch that made history in some way or another, but only Hermione would know about her and what she did because, well, she's Hermione.
  5. What is your favorite type of horror (gore, psychological thriller, etc.)?
    I love a good ghost story when it comes to films, but reading books I'm more drawn to psychological thrillers. But in the end, you can never go wrong with a good vampire book or movie.
  6. If books were as cheap as candy, which book would you give out to Trick or Treaters?
    Such a cliche answer, but Goosebumps! How cute would it be to get books when you trick or treat? Especially Goosebumps, since they're both silly and scary and perfect for all age groups.
  7. My Halloween TBR List:
    Slasher Girls and Monster Boys edited by April Genevieve Tucholke
    Unbreakable by Kami Garcia
    Icons by Margaret Stohl
    The Diviners by Libba Bray
    The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
  8. Recommend some Halloween Reads!
    I'm always going to recommend Stephen King when people ask me for good scary book recs. My favorite is The Shining, as I mentioned before, but other good reads by him include It and Thinner. These are pretty intense novels, though, and I wouldn't recommend them to the easily squeamish or frightened. On the tamer side are the Mara Dyer books, extremely exciting and keep you up at night needing to know what happens next. 

That concludes the Halloween Book Tag! Or is it a BOOk tag? (I tried ok please laugh at my bad use of puns) If you enjoyed this or want to participate in the tag too, please let me know in the comments and link me to your tag so that I can check them out!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *

Popular Posts

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Giselle has read 5 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide