Book Boyfriends #1

9:27:00 AM

I've seen this tag floating around many of the blogs I follow, specifically my good friend Lillie at littlelilliereads. Seeing as I'm always a sucker for beautiful boys in books, I thought I'd give this a try! Without further ado, my first book boyfriend is...



The Darkling from Leigh Bardugo's Grisha Trilogy

I know, I know, he's totally evil and a total tyrant and whatnot... But come one, read Shadow and Bone and tell me you weren't even a little attracted to him at some point. He's such an intriguing character to me. I wanted more of him as I read this series, I wanted to learn what turned him dark, why he was so power-hungry, and how a man so intensely dangerous can also harbor a soft side born out of loneliness. He could level city after city and I'd still love him because of how interesting he is.
The Darkling will always hold a place in my heart, and his scenes with Alina remind me why I love him so much. He's pained but powerful, lonely but lethal to be around, decidedly "evil" by nature but I still like to hold onto the belief that somewhere deep down inside of him is that last shred of human empathy -- because it's quite evident if you know what to look for. The Darkling is so multi-faceted and ever-enigmatic, I can't help but be drawn to him.


My Darkling Fancast
From the moment I met the Darkling I had my ideal fancast in mind:

Douglas Booth! Quite the cutie with a jawline that could cut (heh), when I saw him in Jupiter Ascending I was drawing so many parallels between him and the Darkling, I knew he would be perfect for the role.

Some of my favorite quotes from and about The Darkling:

  • "Why won't you leave me alone?" I whispered one night as he hovered behind me while I tried to work at my desk.
    Long minutes passed. I didn't think he would answer. I even had time to hope he might have gone, until I felt his hand on my shoulder.
    "Then I'd be alone, too," he said, and he stayed the whole night through, till the lamps burned down to nothing. -- Siege and Storm
  • "The problem with wanting," he whispered, his mouth trailing along my jaw until it hovered over my lips, "is that it makes us weak." -- Shadow and Bone
  • "I've been waiting for you a long time, Alina" he said. "You and I are going to change the world." -- Shadow and Bone

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *

Popular Posts

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Giselle has read 5 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide