What Happened?!

12:44:00 PM

Hello everyone!


If you follow me on Twitter… I've got some bad news and some good news and some more bad news.

Twitter locked me out of my profile for "suspicious activity" and requested I change my password to regain access. However, when I went to try and do so, the email address associated with my account was a string of random letters and not at all the email address I had associated with my account in the first place! Was I hacked? Did Twitter glitch? What the heck happened?! I have no clue. I went around and around in circles trying to resolve the problem with Twitter Support but if I'm being completely honest, their support is a load of crap and run by robots and auto-responses. There is absolutely no way to verify the validity of my ownership of the account, and therefore I cannot regain access. Potentially ever.


Essentially, because I don't have access to the bogus email attached to my account, I can't be verified as the account owner and I can't regain access to my account. Ugh. ):

The good news however is that I remade my account and you can still keep up with me on the twittersphere, same username, just add an underscore. @lovedmetoruins_ I have a whole thread of tweets pinned to my profile in case you have more questions.

The second round of bad news is that all my apps and blog services are linked to this Twitter and I have no idea how to change it. So please bear with me as I try to resolve things, but until then I'm taking advantage of the fact my blog is still linked to the old account to spread the word and my story.

Last but not least, thank you for supporting me and my little blog. It took me almost an entire year to reach 1.2K on Twitter and needing to start over fresh is definitely a blow to my blog stats, integral to requesting and receiving ARCs and working with publishers; not to mention the mutual follows and connections I worked to build between myself and authors/others in the publishing industry. This blog is my pride and how, because it goes hand in hand with what I want to do as a career and go into the publishing field. I appreciate you guys sticking with me, whether from day one or last week.

My one year Blogaversary is coming up on October 3rd, and I've got something extra grand planned to celebrate!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *

Popular Posts

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Giselle has read 5 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide