TTT: Top Ten Bookworm Delights6:15:00 PM
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week's topic is Top Ten Bookworm Delights!
*singing* Raindrops on windows and warm cups of coffee, books that are big and pair nicely with hot tea... These are a few of my favorite things!
- Finding a new indie/secondhand/rare & used bookstore
I absolutely love traveling to new cities and I try to make it my mission to discover a new independent bookstore if I can. To name a couple favorites, Key West Island Book Store in the Keys is a tried and true indie bookstore off Duval street, and Blue Bicycle Books in Charleston captured my heart at YALLFest!
- Settling into a new book or series and getting sucked in immediately
There's nothing quite as magical as slipping easily into a new story and getting swept away by the magic and grandeur it entails!
- Going to Books-A-Million or Barnes & Noble and just being surrounded on all sides by books!
Time to kill before my afternoon classes? I think I'll just go chill at BAM for a little bit.
- Exploring new genres or a series with a buddy reader
Lillie can attest to the sheer amount of times I've pulled a "OMG OMG THIS BOOK IS SO GOOD PLEASE COME SUFFER WITH ME" on her.
- Twitter chats! Some of my favorites include #BBTC #QwSush #RQWN and #BHPChat just to name a couple! I think chats are such a good way to not only spread word of your blog and gain more readers, but make connections with fellow bloggers and authors that can last a lifetime! One of my good blogger friends, Brittany of Brittany's Book Rambles I met via a Truthwitch twitter chat, and next thing I know we're hanging out in person and forming a lasting friendship!
- Rainy days that I can spend in bed under the covers reading
Probably a cliche, but my favorite reading/writing weather has always been a nice stormy day. It's chaotic and yet serene, and gives me a chance to clear my mind and focus on reading or blogging.
- Bonding with other readers over a mutual love for a book, character, series, or author
There's no better way to break the ice, in my opinion, than "omg you like _____ too?!" because to me it's pretty indicative of bff-material.
- Going to book festivals and meeting or connecting with authors and having conversations about their books, characters, other books, their favorite foods.... Really, anything!
When I went to YALLFest in 2015, my dad sparked a conversation with Richelle Mead about the plate of bacon she tweeted about having for breakfast that morning. I then proceeded to have a conversation with her over my favorite line from her books, and it was probably one of the most genuine connections I've shared with an author! I couldn't have asked for a better experience, honestly.
- Setting up that perfect Bookstagram shot and getting it ready to be shared!
If you're like me, then you probably take anywhere from 10-50 photos of the same thing so that you can pick and choose the PERFECT one to post. And nothing is more satisfying than making a staged shot look casual and effortless!
- Reading memes and tags like this one and seeing what other bookworms enjoy!Please post the links to your TTT in the comments so that I can see what your favorite things are, too! I love seeing what I have in common with other book bloggers, be it a bookish quirk like the smell of old books or just a simple satisfying feeling, like when you fall in love all over again with a series or book!
BONUS BOOKISH FAVORITES:
- Spending an entire day reading or devouring a whole book in a single day
- When people come to me for book recommendations
- Having someone comment on a blog post of mine, telling me that reading my review motivated them to read that book
- Making friends with fellow bloggers, readers, or authors -- did I already list this one? Whoops :P
Comment below and let me know what some of your favorite bookish things are!