November Wrap-Up & What to Expect in December

10:00:00 AM

Month number two of blogging has come to an end! I can't believe it's only been just under two months since I started this blog, because it certainly feels like it's been much longer. The month of November was full-to-bursting with emotional books and events. Hopefully, December will be just as productive!

November Wrap-Up

Books I Read:




  • Ruin & Rising by Leigh Bardugo
    -review & discussion
    -playlist
  • Black Widow by Margaret Stohl
    -review coming soon!
  • A Thousand Nights by E.K. Johnston
    -review coming soon!
  • Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
    -review
    -playlist coming soon!
  • Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo (still reading!)



Can't Stop Listening To:

25 - Adele

Her new album hit us all very hard when it released. Having pre-ordered it, I received it the day it arrived and proceeded to play it the second I got home from school. I don't think I've stopped listening to it since. My favorites on the album include I Miss You, Send My Love, River Lea, and Sweetest Devotion. Adele is a powerhouse who never disappoints. I love how upbeat a lot of these songs are, especially because we all know Adele as the queen of the breakup songs. These all show an incredible range not only in her voice but in her writing as well. 5/5 stars for you, Adele!

Bookish Events:

YALLFest was the second weekend of this month, and I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to drive up to South Carolina and immerse myself in all things YA! (I basically have the greatest parents ever and will never not be grateful to them for taking me)

Here's my recap post and some photos that summarize my weekend:





Hello, December!

What's Coming Up This Month:
  • I'm participating in a read-along! Hosted by my dear friend Mariam over at Flying Through Fiction, we'll be reading a book from the Darkest Minds trilogy. I've chosen the first one. If you would like to participate, you can read or re-read any of the books in the series! Just be sure to check out her posts on the topic here and sign up with the form provided.
  • Jess from Princessica of Books has some Christmas-y goodies up her sleeve cooking up in the blogosphere! I'll be a guest poster on her blog in her 12 Days of Winter blog series feature! Keep your eyes peeled for more info soon!
  • CHRISTMAS! If you celebrate the holiday, I'm sure you're just as excited as I am! The Christmas holidays are filled with a unique sort of magic that sometimes includes the Christmas Miracle of weather below 75 degrees in Florida. Aside from the weather, Christmas is always a time to bring family and friends together and just celebrate one another's company. I can't wait to get into the Christmas-y mood!


December TBR:

  • My True Love Gave to Me edited by Stephanie Perkins
  • The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken (Join me in participating in Mariam's read-along!)
  • Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
  • Passenger (ARC) by Alexandra Bracken
  • The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *

Popular Posts

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Giselle has read 5 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide