December Wrap-Up & What to Expect in January12:00:00 PM
What a crazy busy month December was from beginning to end! I was swamped the first two weeks with yearbook deadlines, college acceptance craziness, finals, and schoolwork leading up to winter break. During break, I will admit I probably spent more time playing video games I got for Christmas rather than reading, but it was a nice and relaxing way to spend break. I know my wrap-up is a few days late, but hopefully you don't mind as I was in the midst of Christmas and New Year's craze - speaking of which, HAPPY 2016!!!!
- The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
-playlist coming soon!
- Passenger by Alexandra Bracken (current read)
-review + playlist coming soon!
Sequel to Bioshock, I've had the three games in the franchise for a couple of years now. Having played Bioshock as a kid, replaying it recently, and playing Infinite shortly after it came out, I'm not sure why I never played the second game. Often passed off for the most boring or pointless in the series, I disagree. Though we are still in Rapture as we play, we get to play through the game as a Big Daddy as you fight to bring down the notorious Dr. Lamb and find your missing daughter. The plot is nowhere near as cerebral as that of the first game or Infinite, but it certainly has its merits in that it brings more unique ways to play and a fresh story to the table.
Can't Stop Listening To:
Music from the Motion Picture, Scored and Directed by Henry Mancini
(and hello, 2016!)
- As a member of Evelyn Skye's Tsar's Guard, I'll be participating in a blog tour for her upcoming debut novel, The Crown's Game! Keep your eyes peeled on the 16th for my post in the parade and maybe even a chance for a giveaway!
- I'm aiming to make this a month of playlists, with a grand total of 4 that I hope to post before the end of the month! These playlists will be for The Darkest Minds, Red Queen, Passenger, and The Crown's Game; this roughly translates to a playlist per week! It's ambitious, as I form my playlists over time and edit them right up until the moment I post them. Even then, I still often will edit them after posting them. Hopefully I'll get one up every Saturday this month, give or take. So wish me luck!
- My birthday is at the end of this month, on the 28th! I'll be turning 18, which means I'll legally be an adult. Although, we all know I'm likely going to continue eating dinosaur chicken nuggets, watching Disney Movies, and just generally acting like a kid until I go to my grave.
- Double Life by S. Usher Evans
- Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard
- Illuminae by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman