Top Ten Tuesday: 10 Wishes I'd Ask The Book Genie To Grant Me9:00:00 AM
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. "This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!"
The topic for today's list is...
October 20: 10 Wishes I'd Ask The Book Genie To Grant Me (a new book from a certain author, a reading superpower, a library that is your absolutely #librarygoals, a character to come to life, to met a certain author etc. etc.) YOU DREAM IT AND THE BOOKISH GENIE CAN DO IT.
This has to be, without question, quite the hardest bookish wishlist to conjure up. So many wishes, and I can only be granted 10?! Here goes...
- Marauders Era books by J.K. Rowling -- without a doubt, my favorite characters in all of the Harry Potter books have to be Remus Lupin, Sirius Black, and Nymphadora Tonks. How amazing would it be to have a book (or two or three or five...) dedicated just to this generation of Hogwarts students? To see what mischief was managed by the infamous Mooney, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs?
- Book funds -- half my existing paychecks usually go toward books, anyway. I'd just like to maximize that income for the purpose of book buying! So many books, so little money...
- More discount book stores -- piggybacking off my last wish, I'm always on the hunt for a good bargain when it comes to books.
- More time -- I'm one of the slowest readers I know, probably because I always just want to take it all in and enjoy the view when I read! Because of this, my reading time often gets pushed aside by homework or college application time.
- Expanded shelf space -- I have had my dad build me more shelves on more than one occasion, I'm not gonna lie. After doing away with my biggest shelf to make room for other furniture in my room and selecting certain books to go into storage, I've once again run out of existing shelf space and need more soon!
- Book swag -- Throne of Glass, Mara Dyer, Grisha trilogy, Vampire Academy, Harry Potter…… *Sharpay voice* I want it all.
- Travel funds -- so that I can attend all of these wonderful book fairs and festivals, of course! I've only been to the Miami International Book Fair as of yet, with this year's YALLFest trip also scheduled. But what about YALLWest and countless other book festivals in Texas, New York, and beyond?!
- The opportunity to sit and chat with authors -- maybe over some coffee or a snack, I'd love to sit down every once in a while with some of my favorite authors to just chat about their books, as well as other bookish things!
- ARCs of every upcoming new release -- because who wants to wait another six+ months for (insert title here) to actually be released?! The wait itself is agony! I want it now!
- Last but not least, the perfect YALLFest schedule -- With so many amazing panels scheduled for the 14th, and the signing schedule still yet to be released, at this point all I can do is hope and pray nothing conflicts!